Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wedding stuff

Those of you who know me, know I get stressed pretty easily when there are a lot of loose ends. I don't like making decisions. I get stressed over someone making me pick the restaurant to go to. Just think about if I had to plan a whole wedding all details. By myself. When i think about it, I start to have an anxiety attack!!

Wedding ceremony/colors/etc... This brings me to the best invention of. Well. Ever! Wedding packages where you choose from like 5 different options and the company you go with does all the work! They have different color schemes, different tiers of how much you can get for cake, photos, decorations... It is the answer to my "I-don't-want-to-plan-a-wedding-lest-I-freak-out-and-have-a-mental-and-emotional-breakdown" prayers. So, all that is left for me to do, other than actually pick a package and company to entrust this VID (Very Important Day, yeah I just came up with that. Sometimes my cleverness is just so cute) to is to figure out a color scheme and who to be in the wedding.

Wedding Party. I know who will be on my side, and some of who will be on Andy's side. I was worried about this, as he has more friends than I do and I was worried I couldn't come up with enough girls! But luckily, he has two sisters, who I happen to adore, so I am a-okay on the girl half of the wedding party.

Venue. This is pretty much figured out too. (It was figured out when i wasn't even present.) Everyone wants it to be in Hawaii. :) Who can argue with that?? We planned on a destination wedding pretty early on. Neither of us is super religious and don't really care to be married in a church. Plus, if we did get married in a church, I would like to do it in a Catholic church and Andy is Lutheran. So, it really just isn't very important to me. Hawaii here we come! (In two years!)

Reception We want to have a reception here at home, because obviously not many people will make the trip to Hawaii for the VID. So my tentative plan is to hold it at St. Patrick's. It is the church my parents got married and had their reception in, his sister Ali had her reception at, and his G-parents attend when they are in town. Seems like a pretty good place to go. :)

I feel like this is pretty good so far, especially considering it isn't for two whole years. I am excited to marry my BFF and have a super fun vacation with the people I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment