Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Forgiveness is Overrated

Now I am somewhat of a walking contradiction. I look for the best in people and then am so surprised when I always get burned. I refuse to watch the news anymore, because all I see is evil in the world. But when it comes to my own relationships, I tend to ignore the bad and only focus on the good. My remedy to this malady is pretty simple. Fool me once-go Fuck yourself.

I have a bad habit of letting people in and trusting them (to varying degrees, but the trust is always given) and then basically set myself up to be hurt by these assholes of the world. There are some exceptions to the rule, but for the most part I don't deal with people who have done me wrong in the past. I don't see a problem with this, and find it a perfectly suitable way of life. I get to move on with mine without the draining influence of these negative people and they get to find some other sucker to take advantage of or hurt.

Some may call me jaded or say I have a giant chip on my shoulder. I say I am smart and know when to cut my losses. I don't enjoy being taken advantage of or walked all over. I don't see how that is such a terrible thing. I like boundaries. I like rules. I like knowing people know all of mine. Break my rules or cross my boundary. Well, let's just say don't do it.

I am the absolute nicest person in the world. I love my friends, I love my crazy family, I do things for people, I will go the extra mile for everyone I possibly can do it for. I will spend my last dollar on you, clothe you, feed you, spend time with you.... I will do just about anything for you. All I ask is to not lie to me/about me, not make any judgement until you know the whole story, cheat on me, steal from me, or in any way shape or form be mean to me/my friends/most importantly MY SON. Show some appreciation for what I do for you and maybe even give a little back. THATS IT! Pretty simple, right?

So how is it so hard for some people to believe this is how I live? I don't sit here and obsess over the few who have betrayed me in the past! I stay hurt for a while, then move on like they don't exist. I find it funny that people claim if you don't forgive you will carry it around for the rest of your life. To those people. Maybe you should stop fucking people over, and you wouldn't feel the need to get people's forgiveness. Chew on that for a while!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete