- Mothers who only update their status about their kids. I am a mother and I know there is more to your life than your child(ren). I get it you have a kid and you love him/her. I also get that your kid is accident prone and susceptible to illness. I just don't care to only hear about that part of your life. I like to be updated about more. There is more.
- People who are going to college for a graduate program or a degree you basically have to be a superstar student to succeed at, and suck at proper grammar and spelling. I mean come on. Up until recently I have had no education beyond 12th grade, (First semester at IHCC almost done! Whoop whoop!) and I can spell and use proper grammar better than people I see who are going to be doctors and lawyers. It seems like laziness sometimes, and I don't want a lazy doctor or lawyer!
- Married people with shared accounts. Please people. Just because you got married doesn't make you a singular person, keep your own accounts, friends, and identities...
- People who advertise personal situations. I have in the past done stuff kind of like this but never straight out said stuff. I have also learned to let that bad habit go. But calling your ex a d-bag or a whore to 400 people is in pretty poor taste to me. I also feel that when people are being vague about who or how someone died, and do not even state someone died, but elude to it, is just screaming for attention.
- People who have status updates like: "Oh shit, me and my boo is guna b partyin in da club to-nite! Hit me up if u wanna chill. HOLLA!!" Ok, now this is specified toward people I grew up with. In Woodbury, a primarily white upper-middle class suburb.
- People who update their status every 5 minutes. I update mine sometimes 4or 5 times a day, and sometimes feel bad because that is too much! But there are those people out there in Facebook world who update so so so much more often.
7:00 Ugh I'm awake. And I'm NOT happy about it.
7:10 Had a pretty good breakfast, gotta get ready for a long day at work!
7:15 OMG SO MUCH SNOW. FML FML.
7:30 Running late, what a morning.
You get the idea, and this segues into my next pet peeve.
- People who never stop BITCHING. There are those friends who bless their negative little hearts cannot see the positive in anything! I know there are days when things go wrong, weeks even, but months and months of nothing but constant negativity? Pop a St. John's Wort, some Vitamin D-3, and do something about it! Complaining never fixed or remedied anything!! " OMG, FML, and WTF" are permanent and guaranteed acronyms, as well as the word "ugh". Debbie Downer you are so bringing me down with every status update. This again brings me to my next example.
- People who use a lot of acronyms. I feel like a teenager when I read some same aged people's updates. It is all OMFG this and FML that. Use your words. (That is what I tell my three year old sometimes.)
- People who advertise their alcohol/drug usage. I guess I just didn't realize it was still cool to be that badass who drinks and does lots of brain altering drugs.
I love Facebook and admittedly am on it way too much. However, I try to keep things light and cheery, yet sometimes the rain is pouring down so I complain, but not too much. I don't use drugs at all or drink very much very often so that is not an issue as far as life choices or annoying status updates. I don't constantly talk about Owen because I have other things in my life too. I try to keep my personal life just that. Personal. I talk and write like I was raised, and as everyone spoke and wrote growing up. I'm not married, but even if I were I would never have a joint account. I don't care to be "friends" with my future hubby's best friend from pre-school. I have totally deleted people for situations that are listed here... I don't like to feel disgusted 80% of all their status updates. I am sure people have and will delete me for something I do that is annoying. (Maybe even because of my list!!) I just thought I'd make this about stuff I have discussed with friends who most of the time agree in the ick factor of "The Facebook List of Annoying Behaviors and the People Who Do Them"
So. In conclusion, don't type things about people you wouldn't say to those people's faces, their parents, and their grandparents. Don't be a lazy speller, don't be weird and act differently than you were raised, be your own person both in marriage and as a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment