In the last two weeks yes my son has had Papa John's Pizza for his birthday, but also homemade chicken wild rice soup, homemade burritos, homemade hamburgers, grilled cheese, and homemade breakfasts. He plays a driving video game very little, and likes to have the TV on, but plays actively while it is on. I make sure to get him outdoors, and out of the house to play with other kids. I never give him soda knowing all of the negative side effects it will do to his little body. Such as it would eat away at muscle tissue and bone density, not to mention would wreak havoc on his teeth. I rarely let him have candy, it is a treat and is given sparingly. His snacks are usually fortified cereals such as Life, or Kix. Still a nice treat, but not too terrible for him.My point in writing down everything I give my child is this; he is not fat, not in the best shape but loves to run whenever possible, and would rather "Play toys, Mama." than watch TV. He loves to go to the gym because he can climb and get energy out while he socializes. He does and likes what I have exposed him to, what I have gotten him used to in his daily routine. It is and will be until he is a teenager in MY control, as it is for EVERY parent. So government go ahead and take all the toys away, restaurants please give apples as an option instead of fries. But if the parents don't control it none of that will make any sort of difference.
I am better at making sure my son eats healthier than myself for sure. My favorite fast food meal as of late is a triple (yes a triple) Butterburger with bacon, cheese, fries, and a drink. I love to put 3 packets of salt on my fries. I also realize fast food in moderation is ok. Owen loves the Cheesy 5 Layer Burrito from Taco Bell and the Double Stack from Wendy's. But he is lucky if he gets that once a week if that. Cake, cookies, and donuts are something for special occasions or when other people want to spoil him.
We as parents, teachers, guiders, and examples to our children need to step up and show them the right way to feed themselves as well as how to lead an active lifestyle. We need to teach them how to stay away from diabetes, obesity, and even depression and anxiety that can come with weight issues growing up. We made a commitment when we became parents to do right by our children and do what is best for them. Whenever I see an overweight child, I am not disgusted by their weight. I am disgusted by their parents who have failed their child. The time is really is past due that parents need to regain control. Put down the french fry and your foot.
No comments:
Post a Comment