I was ironically attending a bridal shower for my to be sister-in-law's impending nuptials. We had finished watching the Pampered Chef Demo and were ordering items for Ali and eating some brunch. I got a text message from Andy...
Andy: Whats your favorite kind of girl scout cookies? 1:29 pm
Me: Samoas or thin mint 1:30 pm
Andy: I have a surprise for you :) 1:39 pm
Me: Haha. I wonder what it could be?! 1:39 pm
Andy: You'll never guess. 1:40 pm
Me: :) 1:41 pm
I left the shower a little after 3 pm and texted to tell him I was going to take a nap as I had attended Ali's bachelorette party the night before and needed some rest before picking up Munchkin. I wanted to nap in a bed but not in our big bed alone, I have a hard time falling asleep in it by myself. So I went into Owen's room and decided to nap in his twin size bed. I fell asleep for about 15 minutes when all of a sudden Andy was in the doorway asking why iI was sleeping in Owen's bed. I explained why, half asleep. Andy said well you should come out and get your surprise and give me a kiss. Now I was mad at him for waking me up and said "NO! You come here if you want a kiss!!" But he walked out of the room so I decided to get out of bed and be nicer.
Andy was just putting the box of thin mints behind his back and stood in front of me and asked if I was ready. I said yes, still of course thinking I was only getting cookies. (Don't get me wrong, I wanted those cookies BAD)
He handed me the box and his hands were shaking badly, I asked if he was ok and he replied "Yeah I'm fine why?" He played it off so well I thought he was just that hungry from not having eaten today yet. I said thank you and went to set the box down, but he said "You should eat a cookie now!"
I said OK, and looked at the box. It had already been opened and I looked at him again. His face gave away that something was going on and I started to get very nervous. I opened the box of cookies and nestled in the top of the package was a little blue box. I got so nervous and was so surprised I exclaimed something and grabbed it out of the cookie box. Andy dropped to his knee and asked me to marry him. I kneeled down next to him and said YES! and we hugged for a few minutes straight.
The ring is perfect. Exactly what I pictured my ring to be in my mind, the proposal was so us. He got me a nice surprise, something I had been talking about. It was creative and so heartfelt. I am still in a state of shock and awe! I am so happy to be engaged to be married to my best friend and the love of my life. My son loves my ring too, he said it was beautiful, and we all know kids don't lie about stuff like that. ;)
To answer some questions, fall wedding in a couple to a few years. We would like time to save for the wedding!! Taylors, I am so honored and blessed to be allowed an opportunity to become a part of your family and I love you all so much!!
IMMM ENGGAAGGEEDDD!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment